Sunday 1 May 2016

Dreams that matter!

May 1st, 2016- Like any other day I woke up early in the morning and proceeded with my regular routine, scanning all the social media apps on my mobile. Everything was absolutely fine, the regular pictures and statuses on Facebook, annoying good morning Whatsapp texts from relatives and some very interesting snap stories on Snap chat, everything absolutely fine,  until I opened Instagram. The first post I saw, I learned that my only favourite celeb and the only person I ever go gaga about – Virat Kohli was in Hyderabad the previous day and that too, in a place that is just 3kms away from my house. Boom!! That’s when I sat upright. In a regular situation, this write up would have been about how happy or how excited I was to have met “Virat Kohli”, but quite annoyingly, I chose just yesterday to travel to my home town.

To all those who know me, they are all quite aware that I have always wanted to meet him and they have all left no stone unturned to make me feel excited about the idea. (including inserting images on birthday cakes)

And to all those who don’t you would have very surely understood by now.

It was during the World Cup of 2008, that I first saw Virat play, and since then I have always been an ardent fan. Dedication and commitment has always appealed to me and that’s one of the biggest reasons I absolutely adore Virat Kohli. Most of the cricket maniacs would know his stunning performances and match winning knocks. Honestly, as a game cricket never interested me very much, till I saw this young player show his mettle on the pitch. Stories about his vice-captaincy, his World cup victory as the Under 19 champion, the tri-series 2012, Asia Cup and tons of others. From being an amateur player once upon a time in the team to becoming the youngest player to score 25 ODI (One day international) hundreds is most certainly a commendable feat.


I can keep bragging on and on about his achievements but today what caused me to write this is the extreme disappointment I experienced when I missed the chance of meeting him. 4 months back when I was in Delhi on a college trip, I remember getting excited just because I saw his house and that day I promised myself that I would meet this man someday. And this morning it all came back in a flash.  With all the pictures he clicked with a few lucky fans, my news feed was filled with Virat’s visit to Hyderabad.

Had I stalked his social media profiles day in and day out, I would have surely known about this, and had I inculcated the habit of checking for the schedule of the IPL matches rather than depending on my brother(who generally gives last minute info), I would have known that his team is scheduled to play in Hyderabad. To the anger and disappointment that ran through every drop of blood in my body, and to every source of outlet I chose for it, be it my friends or my parents, so far this has been the best platform to vent.
Exactly like 4 months ago, today once again I promise to myself, there shall be a day when I meet this man and when I am going to write in this same blog, the amusement and excitement of that experience. 

P.s: Biggest thanks to the few who tolerated me today. After all, like in the movies, hardly can I stalk him. That only Gaurav (Sharukh in the movie FAN) can do!



No comments:

Post a Comment